Welcome to Los Alamos Makers!
Los Alamos' first community makerspace.
Get involved, join us or donate!
A 501 c 3 non-profit scientific and technical playground
for all ages and abilities,
an informal and inclusive vocational training center
and an idea-stage incubator for technical endeavors.
Get support for your technical projects
from basic woodworking to 3D printing, modern manufacturing and biotechnology.
Get access to events, classes, space, tools, equipment and 1-on-1 mentorship.
Get vocational training certified by digital badges (3D printing, laser, CNC, coding, Biolab technician, woodworking).
Test your ideas, share your skills, learn new skills and meet new people.
Contact us at Hello@losalamosmakers.org or send a text to (505)309-0561
- Request custom work
(3D printing and wood carvings)
- Request 1-on-1 instruction
- Attend free clubs and Meetups
- Attend classes and workshops
- Rent the space for private classes or events
- Participate in community events
- Get involved in our online forum and online Discord community
Note: Thanks to funding from the Los Alamos Community Foundation, some instructions are eligible for a New Collar Network Digital Badge certification.
Required non-member agreement form
Enjoy all the benefits of non-members +
- 24/7 access to the space
- Access to specialized software
- Access to our free tool lending library
- Technical help
- Discount on select classes and instructions
- Discount on space rental for private classes and events
- Bring guests
- Participate in our quarterly pizza party
Note: Before you purchase a membership, please contact us to get a tour, so we can chat and understand how we can best help.
Required member agreement form
Los Alamos Makers is part of the New Collar Network
3540 Orange Street
Just search for "Los Alamos Makers"
Los Alamos Makers is a non-profit organization.
We are scientists, engineers, technicians, artists, hobbyists of all kinds, who want to share our experience, knowledge and skills with our community and want to learn from and collaborate with our fellow community members!
We believe that bringing people together strengthens communities and that creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit will power the 4th industrial revolution..
Los Alamos Makers encourages people to discover their gifts by tinkering and exploring, on their own terms.
Our mission has 3 main goals:
Promote innovation and entrepreneurship and
Facilitate networking and collaborations within our community.
We have a classroom available for classes and meetings.
The space also has a "design area" with computers, Raspberry Pis, CAD software and 3D printers.
We have a wood shop with some pretty cool toys including laser cutters and engravers.
We also rent space for individual projects including some storage. We also have a full biolab for basic introduction to genomics and a fun kid room for little ones to enjoy while parents are working or networking.
We serve a wide variety of people, from middle school students to seasoned engineers.
We host and facilitate a number of free special interest clubs or meetups, like woodworking, sewing, jewelry making and a CoderDojo for teens.
We offer affordable introductory classes and camps for adults.
The space is available for people to teach a class or just use the space and equipment for their individual project.
What we offer evolves based on what people request...so chime in!
Our Maker manifesto:
1. "We will see challenges as opportunities to invent"
2. "We will hunt down new skills."
3. We will embrace our diversity in skills, interest and ways of learning
4. "We will improve things", or just learn how they work
5. We will help each other "Make"
6. We will learn the value of creativity and perseverance
7. We will strive to be environmentally friendly
8. We will make each other's safety a priority
9. "We will forge collaborations" across disciplines
10.We will foster a community of learners and doers.
Adapted from a previous Maker manifesto.